Thought things would be so much better if you just had someone else’s job or someone else’s house? Convinced yourself that life would be easier if you had the same opportunities someone else had? Questioned if you will ever be able to get ahead when all the good things happen to someone else?
We’ve all been there, caught in our circumstances and stuck in the muck of our own wanderings. Unable to see our own calling right where we are, and blind to the treasures waiting to be uncovered in our own pasture.
There are times when we all need a shot in the arm, a kick in the butt and some sound wisdom to help us move forward in a positive and productive direction. There are times when the newest strategies simply cannot hold up to timeless truths. And there are times when discovering opportunities for growth and development don’t happen by moving to the next great promise of adventure.
They happen right where we are, with the work we are already doing.
I love the timeless truths of Earl Nightingale and the call to some key, common-sense principles which yield opportunities we would never discover apart from embracing and working in our own green pastures.
- Explore the work you are currently engaged in.
- Realize that your own pasture is greener-and UNLiMITED.
- The way you go about your job makes it good or bad.
- Let yourself grow-avoid self-limitation.
- Start preparing yourself for opportunities-NOW.
- Put your imagination to work on ways of improving what you’re now doing.
- Learn all you can about your job, your company and your industry.
- There’s no limit to your growth potential.
- Our economy needs and will reward the uncommon person who participates in its growth.
- Build your library of reference material on your company, your industry, your job and people skills.
- Set aside an hour a day for study and research.
- Remember the story of the acres of diamonds.
“Life can only return to you that which you sow. What do you have to sow?” Earl Nightingale
Lets commit to stay…to till the ground of our own pastures! Let’s choose to live and grow: RIGHT WHERE WE ARE!